Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Sometimes when I turn the key to start it doesn't, it's

Sometimes when I turn...

Sometimes when I turn the key to start it doesn't, it's completely dead after a few turns it starts. Also when driving in auto it randomly kicks into manual, this happens all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel turns and key not worn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?

2006 master

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much other than doing a bit of oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

1/15/2018
semloh
semloh, Car Enthusiast

hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

it seams that you have two problems going on

possible

is it an automatic

and you mentioned dead as in no power what so ever ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Don, dash lights and glow lights go on but when turn key fully there's nothing, this only happens randomly. The other issue is the auto setting will randomly switch to manual usually when it gears down. It's tiptronic

hi there thanks for that great information

i just read up on the tiptronic i have the same system in my sts caddy

i will be asking a few questions during this period you will not be charged for the questions only when we find a solution and your happy with it

ok here goes

when you turn the key to the start position do all the lights go out including head lights

have you checked for loose connections on the alternator and battery

lets start there

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Haven't checked but will, main concerns is the gearing

Hi there thanks again for your information

i understand your concern with the shifting . your transmission is electronic if there is a spike in the electrical it may affect the transmission shift . my alternator cable was loos and my transmission kept jumping from manual (if you will) back to the auto mode

if the battery terminal is corroded or glazed posts or the electrolite is low it could effect what you are saying all around

maybe do that first that is the easiest fix first and see what happens or what you find

then we can go from there

did it start all of a sudden ?

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe so, the starting issue has been for some time now, and to be honest I never drive it in auto, it's only cause I am looking to sell that I thought I drive in auto to experience what someone else would when driving

hi there thanks again for your information

i am still thinking it is a bad connection

can you check them out and get back to me so we can do process of elimination

i will be going to bed in a minute it is 1:00 am here in canada

please let me know what you find if anything

Don

please Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page.

Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required Many thanks

semloh
semloh, Car Enthusiast
semloh
semloh
semloh, Car Enthusiast