Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I turned the key in the ignition and the instrument cluster…

Customer Question
Hi. I turned the...

Hi. I turned the key in the ignition and the instrument cluster lit up, then went dead, and the car won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I think they key is fine, the electrics have been a little flakey recently I put a new battery in because I was getting no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Peuogeot 206 GTi, 2001 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am about to go and check the fuses, but I needed a pair of pliers so I googled the problem while I was here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had an ignition coil replaced and the car has been over-cranking since then. Started first time every time when cold but when warm could take a couple of tries. Also the circoniditoning died recently

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be causing your condition and it may require some in depth electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. What you're describing is very likely being caused by a battery related issue though. The first thing I would recommend is making sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. If ok then the next thing I would recommend is swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.