Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter has a 2013 Subaru Forester that she recently…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a 2013 Subaru Forester that she recently hada detailed and now there is a continuous beep beep beep that never stops, car on or off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, Disconnected the battery, looked at all fuses, contacted Subaru. They said sounds like water in it somewhere but didn't offer more than that. Tried to book service so they could check it out but nothing available till late Febiuary

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is A1

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The door locking mechanism doesn't work at the moment either but his was before this issue. She had a head light (R?F) fixed about 2 months ago and apparently the door locking hasn't worked since. Thye suggested new actuator in drivers door but we did that and didn't help. During that process tried to test for power at actuator connection point and there was nothing but again all fuses etc are good.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/10/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

have you tried winding all the windows fully down , holding the button down for a few seconds once its down on each and then winding them all up again and again holding the button down for a couple of seconds when fully up ?

this resets the auto window function and I've known the control module to beep when this isn't done after a battery reset

If this doesn't help

try checking the navigation settings and ensure the 'curve' warning isn't set

if you pull the navigation fuse and it stops then you know where to investigate further

Nope, no success on either of those and curve is not set. Given up and taking o auto electrician