Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Just wondering if you might have some info regarding how to…

Customer Question
Hi Doug, Just wondering if...
Hi Doug, Just wondering if you might have some info regarding how to wire up a third party radio in our imported 2008 Delica.
We want to get rid of the MMCS with all the Japanese stuff on it and I've been searching the internet for some wiring diagrams or connector layouts to be able to replace the unit.
Cheers,
Ron.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
1/9/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases, a stereo install facility will have wiring adapters to connect to the factory wiring harness to wire in an after market radio as well as offer options on the radios on what will work in your model.This is usually the best place to check for this here.If this is or was checked already and is not an option let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete, thanks for your reply.
I have checked with a stereo install facility, but they don't have a wiring adapter that suits our model (so they say).
The model, as you probably know already, is a model that has not been sold outside of Japan and that seems to be the reason.
I have been looking for a wiring diagram for the Delica (CV5W) so I can figure out which wires to use. Didn't think it would be this hard to get some wiring info as the MMCS is in several models with slight differences.
Seems the book I need is the 1033P70, but so far I've only been able to find the 1033P71 which only has wiring data for added extra's/options.
I got a 20 pin wiring adapter (from NAVC, NBC-533M) send over from Japan (through Amazon Japan, long live Google Translate!!) that should be used for the Delica (and Outlander, hence the remark regarding the stereo install facility) as well, but can't find a fitting 20-pin plug on the radio pics I've seen. I'm about to take the MMCS out to have a look if there is another connector (20 pin) that the MMCS wiring connector(s) connects to.
I'll keep you posted on my findings. Would appreciate any suggestions you might have regarding colour codes etc of the original wiring. TIA, Ron.

Unfortunately, my info doesn't cover the wiring on your model here.If you would like I can open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician