Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Nissan Patrol 3.0L Turbo, Diesel Direct Injection

Customer Question
Momentarily loose of power (less...
Momentarily loose of power (less than a second) while driving as well as at high rpm while car not moving. Feels like spark plug miss for a petrol engine, installed a new diesel filter for no avail, No trouble codes "System Normal".
I need the most effective way to pin the cause of this problem and how to fix it.
Thanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/9/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fuel system tested and injectors tested this should be done to see if this is an injector at fault or another fuel component causing this issue here needing to be repaired or replaced.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Please give instructions on how to test the fuel system as the only replaced the fuel filter.

Unfortunately, my info doesn't show how to test this pressure on your model here.My info is limited so not all testing is available to me.I will have to open this up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete