Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Efi fuse keeps blowing at ignition ON position. It is not…

Customer Question
Efi fuse keeps blowing...

Efi fuse keeps blowing at ignition ON position. It is not the fuel pump as that is unplugged and still keeps doing the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1998 Celica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Going to start unplugging everything to try and narrow it down, though I'd check internet first so here I am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hmm well I suspect it may have been the pump partially causing the short if its been seizing up a bit but now the fault is elsewhere so hmmm dunno

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/8/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert replied 6 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You may be on the right track with thinking the fuel pump is the issue. The fuel pump is on the EFI fuse circuit. You can check this real fast if you have a pigtail fuse holder. Place one side of the pigtail in the B+ socket in the plastic diagnostic connector under the hood in the engine compartment. Place the other lead of the pigtail in the Fp socket (the sockets are identified by a label under the lid of the diagnostic connector cover. If the fuse blows, the fuel pump circuit is the problem. B+ to Fp is a direct line to the fuel pump.

If you have any questions, please reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.