Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an intermittent airflow problem in my FG XR6 2013…

Customer Question
I have an intermittent...

I have an intermittent airflow problem in my FG XR6 2013 climate control.No airflow at all but fan is still operating.Problem since new.Ford couldnt fix because it was intermittent.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

FG XR6 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing myself. And no one can do anything because its intermittent.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/7/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The problem will have to be diagnosed while it is happening unless visible blockage from foreign material or something of that nature can be found. If you're losing airflow it is either because of a door issue in the heater box or there is something foreign blocking airflow. Rodent nest material, leaves, etc could block the blower motor inlet, the outside air intake, or could be deeper in the heater box. Note if the problem only happens when set to outside or inside air, if it only works in one mode and not the other then you have an intake blocked. If the problem only happens when running a/c then the evaporator may be freezing up due to a restricted heater box drain or an inoperative/inaccurate evaporator temperature sensor.

It's possible that you could have a door or actuator issue, but it's possible that the heater box may need to be removed for physical inspection.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.