Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel pump not running on '98 star wagon. Was replaced 4

Customer Question
Fuel pump not running...

Fuel pump not running on '98 star wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Was replaced 4 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Intermittent problem ,have had it back at mechanic that put pump in but of course it was running fine at the time so trying to work the issue out myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I figure its maybe the relay, but want to know what other things govern the pump to turn on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/5/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the fuel pump relay needs to be replaced as it may not be operating intermittently causing this fault here.It may also be a fault with wiring to the fuel pump or poor fuel pump grounding.These need to be checked into to locate which is the cause and then from there, it can be repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete