Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

We are a smash repair shop and have just crash repaired a…

Customer Question
We are a smash...

We are a smash repair shop and have just crash repaired a 2017 mazda 2 and have changed the l/h/f guard bracket with the ground wires on it, the car wont start (identify the key or crank the engine) we took the bracket back off and cleaned the paint from all contact areas to the body and the ground wires it still wont identify the key, we have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and still no good and it won't even unlock the doors now, the smash repair shop next door is having this exact same issue with a mazda 2 with the exact same repair and area, any help would be great

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes but this battery is fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaning the ground contacts, putting a booster pack on the battery for extra power, scanned the OBD and it comes up with fault codes for all the modules including dash, abs, body module, dsc , etc,etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its all there thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
1/5/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try a reset by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes then reconnecting it to see if it then starts and runs as sometimes a reset helps.Also, try locking and unlocking the doors to see if it works.If none of these work here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete, thanks for the suggestions, we have already tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and still no joy the only thing that happened was that the remote wont lock or unlock the doors now. it is like the car wont identify to remote as the little red key light on the dash stays red and wont go green allowing the car to crank

If you clear out the fault codes then try and start it again do all codes come back.If so or in any case what are the code numbers or descriptions coming up?Are you using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in this model vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete, yep cleared all codes several times and as soon as you try to start all codes reappear, all modules are throwing the codes, dash module, abs, stability, body modules and a couple of others its almost like it has wiped the electronic vehicle identity, scanner can get into most vehicles and modules and I have just done an update on itcheers tony

O.k., unfortunately, this is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.I will have to open this up for others here to see if they can help with this further then I can here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician