Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara. When the air con is

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara. When the air con is running, the water produced runs to the passenger side inside of the car. Have removed drain hose & made sure it is cleared. Water now runs out, but still runs inside of the car also. This water appears to be coming from the foam gasket on the firewall inside. Is there a valve mechanism inside the drain at the firewall? Can you help? Les

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes & engine size is 6 cylinder, 3.2 litre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have removed drain hose & it is clear. Driven car & water runs out of drain hole, also into car.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check where the drain hose exits and make sure there are no blockages or restrictions through the firewall causing this issue here.Also, check for a second drain hose as some models had two drain hoses from the heater box and you may have a second one blocking water from exiting.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete