Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Fg xr8 misfiring no 1 cylinder has brand new coil & spark…

Customer Question
Fg xr8 misfiring no...

Fg xr8 misfiring no 1 cylinder has brand new coil & spark plug new injector good compression but fouls spark plug after a few minutes a little lost

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

Steady misfire even after spark plug has been replaced 170psi compression 123,000kms on motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am scan tool logs code p0301 misfire no 1 cylinder ,new coils plugs compression tested new injector I thought possible valve issue maybe or eco problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The cylinders on the same bank are all lean by looking at the plugs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

As you've already done a fair bit of work I'd say the next step is to measure fuel pressure on a running engine ?

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injector rail (should usually be around 3Bar / 45psi +) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

You can also get this issue with contaminated fuel , if there’s water or dirt in the tank then either the petrol floats on top of the water or the filter sock on the pump is choked up – so if the other things check out then I’d consider pulling out the fuel pump and cleaning the filter sock

And one other thing to try is to loosen off the fuel filler cap, as there’s a 1 way valve built into the cap to let air into the tank and so prevent a vacuum from being created as the fuel leaves the tank to the engine

If this helps then replace the cap with a new item

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer