Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Robbie hear.have a 5vz-fe toyota grenvia. water pump tinning…

Customer Question
Robbie hear.have a 5vz-fe...

Robbie hear.have a 5vz-fe toyota grenvia. water pump tinning belt al done 12 month ago. it now getting hot quit, top hose off don't pump much water out so put water pump out all good

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

It is due for service but it get hot that quit like if has a valve in it to stop the water flow and yet run good. would it have a elc valve some wear to may be divert the water to may be heater system or some thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

It a iport 2000 toyota grand hiace Granvia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had the water pump off and have the thermostat out and when car is off and start it it not pushing water or air out but get hot quit. but water flow Pall take top hose off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have done a lot of motors over years, but this is like if some is stopping water flow

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 2 days by:
1/5/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Ths issue here may be due to a leaking cylinder head gasket where the head gasket is leaking internally with no fluid loss externally or any fluids mixing.The exhaust heat and gasses can leak past the gasket into the cooling system causing this fault with the cylinder head gasket needing to be replaced.

What needs to be done from here is to have what is called a block test done by a shop or dealer to see if this is the cause here.If it is found that exhaust heat and gasses are leaking into the cooling system this is usually a head gasket leak needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you Pete. all that and more, but what got me is it is like a air lock because it not getting any water in the oil or cylinder and run good but get hot at idle and blow the water out. I thought may have a second thermostat at the back of motor. Can not see or get at back, so motor is coming out. see on you tube that one bloke said his had porous aluminium heads but did not say what it was doing. Thank Robbie

Your welcome Robbie

A head gasket can leak internally to where the coolant only leaks into the exhaust or the exhaust leaks into the coolant.There are several ways the gasket can leak and this one will not show up as oil and coolant mixing or any fluid leaks on the ground at all.I have seen several head gasket failures like this in the past before.I would have the block test done to see if this is the cause here for sure.A porous head can also cause the same issue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician