Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Alarm has started going off randomly. Nobody near it, it…

Customer Question
Alarm has started going...

Alarm has started going off randomly. Nobody near it, it just goes off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes. Locks work ok and engine starts ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Its a 2004 Altice

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have checked all door switches operate normally, boot is normal, have just driven over 100k with no troubles.Tried to find the relevant fuse to disable the alarm but can't find it. Its an Australian made Camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

About a month ago we had a new alternator installed by the Toyota dealer in Castlemaine. Car runs well. Alarm problem only started this morning. Tried disconnecting the battery.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
1/2/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

hi, unfortunately the alarm is integrated with other systems so you can't just pull a fuse for it without taking other essential functions offline as well.

I would suggest having the vehicle scanned to determine what is setting the alarm off, so that the faulty sensor or component can be replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert