Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The bonnet cable has broken and we cannot open bonnet. Ford…

Customer Question
The bonnet cable has...

The bonnet cable has broken and we cannot open bonnet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford falcon xr6 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried pulling front bumper parts off,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/2/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is Peter and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your issue , I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to help you with your question.

What have you tried so far and do you still need help?

Well there is no longer a bonnet cable attached to the lock we've tried going through the grill then we tried with moving the front panel and that's As far as we can go though it does not seem to be any other way we can get to the lock..

I'll send you a couple videos to see if you tried these ideas. I usually lift the front of the vehicle slighty and remove that lower panel so I can get to the latch from underneath to release it. Is the cable broken at the release handle or the latch?

Let me know if any of these help or my suggestion of going from underneath, and I have a good way of replacing the cable as well.

I'm going to giv it a go

Ok let me know if your needing further help.

No good. Getting the grill out whilst bonnet is down and locked is impossible.. Even looking from underneath is crazy, any more ideas please

I know it might be a tight thing to try but make up a strong hook from a steel coat hanger and see if you can work it through the grill and try and grab the cable end and pull on that. You will need a light to shine through the grill to see the cable end for the hook

hello again , this may change everything. I forgot to mention its TURBO

this is difficult from my vantage point so I will opt out and pass you on so another may have a better option for you. Good luck.