Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 diesel I load van has a problem with the central…

Customer Question
Hi there, my 2009...

Hi there, my 2009 diesel I load van has a problem with the central locking, at first I thought it my be flat battery in the remote so had the battery replaced at battery world then noticed that when I try to lock the drivers door with the key it locks the drivers door only the passenger door 2 x sliding doors and rear door remain unlocked, also noticed that I can’t lock the passenger door from inside the vehicle by sliding the lock button across, it just won’t budge, Regard,s Brendon

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, it happened just before Christmas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2009 Hyundai I load diesel van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replaced battery in the key remote, noticed when I press the button on the remote the red light flashes but that’s all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it pretty much

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
1/1/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a mechanical fault with the door locks/latches themselves that are not operating.If you are unable to slide the lock any at all to lock one of the doors all door locks that are acting up may need to be replaced as they may have developed a mechanical fault in them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete