Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Refuses to start battery full. 2008 320i. Checked

Customer Question
Refuses to start battery...

Refuses to start battery full

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2008 320i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 320i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked connections at battery not able to locat starter moter i suspect starter may be faulty but only don 57ooo km

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car is low milage good condition make a click noise in engine bay a s if starter solonoid clicks in but no starter response

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
12/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

do you have test light to check fro 12 volts on the small solenoid wire at starter and the big red battery cable at starter ,do both have 12 volts when the switch is in the start position

if you do have 12 volts at starter wires ,then yes replace starter .

it does have low miles for the year , but we also have the year factor so the car 10 years old now and usually when starter go bad, very cold weather make them fail if they were weak

also make sure the battery cables are not loose or corrode on battery side and starter side

Lets start here and go from there

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat