Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

An open sunroof has meant water has pooled in the floor pan…

Customer Question
Hi an open sunroof...

Hi an open sunroof has meant water has pooled in the floor pan of the passenger sid under the carpet. How can i dry this out?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 Ford scape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my daughters car and she has tried to lift the carpet a bit from the front to air it , but its smellling a bit mouldy now

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Im no t sure of the milage but its only been an issue in the last month or so. She thinks the sunroof was the problem and wasnt closed properly so that is fixed now, but she needs to dry the floor out completely

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was just wondering if there was a floor drainage plug to release any water sitting in the floor pan

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

there is no drainage plug unfortunately , you need to take it to the self car wash and use there strong vacuum and suck the water out and use a heater on the carpet for few hours and let it air out .

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat