Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My b200 coolant is very low.Can I top it up with distilled…

Customer Question
My b200 coolant is...

My b200 coolant is very low.Can I top it up with distilled water til business resumes on Tuesday

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

24690kms we do very low milage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Holiday time nothing is open .We will have to do it ourselves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that's all we have the distilled water & only need to know if it is safe to use til we can get to mechanic

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Marty, Australia Car Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Marty
Marty, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, my name is***** it is perfectly fine to top up the cooling system with distilled water. Your coolant is a 50/50 mix of coolant and water anyway. Diluting it slightly with additional water will not harm the system in any way.

Let me know if you need anything else.