Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My display was telling me Remote Battery flat but sorry I…

Customer Question
Hi My display was...

Hi My display was telling me Remote Battery flat but sorry I never registered that my key was a remote control so... i foolishly ignored the warning

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

My car stopped starting.... cranks but wont turn over!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?

307/2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah just at home (in the country)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THe lights on the dash ALL light up when i turn the key then turn out leaving only the engine light

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Current status:
Peugeot 307/2006 not starting.
Key fob battery is replaced and reprogrammed.
Still car not starting - perhaps immobilised?
installed a new car battery 5months ago.
Car cranks but doesn't spark/ignite.
Main Dash display lights ALL icons when key turned, then turn out leaving only Engine icon light showing.
Display panel reads ' ECONOMY MODE ACTIVATED'Can you help me get my car running?I am practical and tech savvy.thank youShelley
12/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I assume you have replaced the battery in the remote at this point, correct?

If so, I need to get the last 6 of the vin number to see if there is method to re-register the remote key to the system without a scan tool

correct!
Thank you sooo much
Last 6 digits are
-644233

HI,

1.Open driver door, sitdown in front of whell drive, close door, insert key on ignition switch and turn key to ACC position.
2 Press the LOCK button on flip for 10sec and within 10sec of putting key, turn key to START position
3. Turn off, take key out of ignition switch, wait 10sec and press down lock botton for 10 sec.
4. Check Plip key operation. Put key in door lock, lock then unlock,then double lock then press remote.

Thank you Eric, so tried that as you suggested but still on teetering the car and proceding to attempt to start it still wont turn over... cranks but no start.
The key remote works to open and lock the car with NO problem.
I wonder if the key itself is faulty at the solder... transmitters? Or if the ignition coil could be the problem.
What did Peugeot Planet 2000 show up on the read out?Cheers
Shelley
entering not teetering! Haha

HI,

Ok, when you try to start it, is the immobilizer//antitheft light flashing, staying on steady, or goes on and then goes off after a few seconds

How do I identify the immobilizer light? I can't see it in my manual book!
Is it on the main Dash or on the display unit in the middle of the windscreen because that's not always operating very well & I need to get a new one!

HI,

It should be on the main dash gage and a symbol with a key in it

I've scoured my 307/2006 handbook and no light shows a key or is mentioned on page 65 - reprogramming the remote control or Electronic Engine Immobilizer sections!
I'm really sorry, I don't see the icon light you're referring too!
Hi Eric
I was advised to disconnect car battery cables and clamp the ends together for 10mins as this should reset the factory settings or clear computer backlog of error attempts.
It worked! Yeah!But now I discover the rear view mirror auto dimming fluid has leaked into the mirror showing an Air bubble where the Gold fluid is not!
I have to remove the mirror unit off the windscreen clamp. Any ideas how the fixing detach??