Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a nocking sound under the drivers seat. Only seems to…

Customer Question
Have a nocking sound...

Have a nocking sound under the drivers seat. Only seems to happen when driving slowly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford transit 2002 winnebago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t done anything. Noticed the noise whilst driving to zcanberra from znowra

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Still waiting for a response to my question
Answered in 1 day by:
12/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It's going to require physical inspection to determine exactly what is wrong. If the noise is coming from inside the vehicle it could be a loose component on the seat frame, there may be something mounted under the seat from the conversion that is loose. There may also be something foreign under the seat that is rattling.

If the noise is actually coming from under the vehicle it could be a suspension issue, a heat shield, the exhaust, or again something related to the conversion.

The first thing that will need to be done is a visual inspection of components in the area the noise is coming from to look for damage and anything loose.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Having done some more research and asking a mechanic friend the problem most likely is a lose sway bar fitting or cv joint slackness. Will take it to a mechanic in the new year

A sway bar link will cause a noise over bumps, a CV joint only when turning. Either of these noises would be from the front of the vehicle rather than under the seat area.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician