Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Can the sump on a Forester XT 2010 be repaired, has rust?

Customer Question
Can the sump on...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing yet looking for option from dealer replacement cost

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/29/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. If the oil pan/sump just has a little rust on the bottom, then you maybe able to sand it of and seal it so that the rust doesn't spread. Although, you will be better off replacing the pan. Over time this may cause a leak and cause bigger issue. The labor hours for replacing the pan is 1.7 hours. The pan cost around $100. The labor price is determined by the hourly rate of the shop. If I were to guess, total cost will be around $300.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.