Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan Navara D40 2007 model and have just

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Nissan Navara D40 2007 model and have just travelled from QLD to SYD. the car has sat for a few hours and when I tried starting it, it isn't idling properly and stales

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

There is no issue with the battery. I was wondering if it may have something to do with a possible fuel leak?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix myself. I have checked the transmission oil and engine oil and all is ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was wondering if it maybe a fuel leak?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/27/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

With something like this here this may be due to a vacuum leak.If you have a vacuum leak this will cause the idle issues as well as the stall out the issue here.If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks this needs to be done.Now if you know you have a fuel leak this needs to be repaired as a fuel leak can also cause this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?