Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Cant get it to start the immobaliser stuck on. Not corroded.

Customer Question
Cant get it to...

Cant get it to start the immobaliser stuck on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 falcon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed batteries disconnected battery overnight it started been going good till today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't no what to say

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/27/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if it then starts and runs o.k.If the issue continues then there is an intermittent fault with the key or immobilizer sensor in most cases causing this issue here.What would need to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set then those codes can be diagnosed and repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

please car still wont start

Have you tried to start it with a different key at all to see if it will start then?

far car not going

Unfortunately, you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This may be the immobilizer sensor that reads the key needing replaced as this can fail.The codes do need to be checked for then help diagnose and locate the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete