Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a slkmercedes, the ignition steering lock is very…

Customer Question
I have a slk(###)...

I have a slk(###) ###-####mercedes, the ignition steering lock is very notchy and the ignition does not always start even when the key does turn in the barrel. What parts do I need to repair this problem. Thanks Bob

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No you cannot turn the wheel and yes the key is not brand new.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?

SLK200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a locksmith check the system and he suggested I need a steering lock with ignition switch. He thought the key and barrel were ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would prefer to maintain the same key pattern if possible, so they match the trunk etc.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/27/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Where exactly do you feel the notchiness?