Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I m the water pump came off and water started dripping and…

Customer Question
I m Susan the...

I m Susan the water pump came off and water started dripping and car overheated i didnt drive for very long as soon as noticed i stopped I hope

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Yes .I can see that the water pump is very loose

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

It is ML320 year 2001 4hd - also W163

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am looking for the parts as it is xmas over here and most of car part stores are all closed the original mercedes not open till 2/01 but i will see if i can by something - bosch perhaps or over ebay that i can get after the boxing day

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it wise since I have to get a new water pum also to get the upper and lower hoses and the thermostac and the radiator chain plug?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
I m not sure the good integrity of your website ..... i have paid the initial US$5 to get nowhere but to a secondary page asking me for further money. I might as well report on your sight and the integrity to be ZERO Andy! Very disappointing !
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Hi did you have a question?
Is this real? I asked the question whether since the water pump needs to be replaced should I also replace the
Thermostat , the upper and lower radiator hose and the radiator plug ? Does this take too much time ?
F u
Programmed reply how greAt really

I am not a robot, I couldn't see your original post fully.

all you want to know is if you should change the thermostat when you change the waterpump?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the answer is yes - they should be replaced together as a best practice

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.