Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I purchased a second hand ute and didn’t get the radio code…

Customer Question
I purchased a second...

I purchased a second hand ute and didn’t get the radio code with it ? Can you help me with this issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes been right through it : I’ve taken the radio out and I have the serial no and model no would this help me ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It’s a Ford Courier 4x4 1/2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Courier yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just wanting the unlock code so I can have a radio again thanks pearl

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks Pearl Does this service cost $

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/23/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer now prohibits the posting of radio codes here.
There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.