Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I am working on a 2012 mazda cx5. problem is it throws a…

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on a 2012 mazda cx5. problem is it throws a sobs code C023:62

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Have to refer to notes, hang on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

C0023:62, C0040:64

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am fixing it myself. I have followed the Mazda diagram flow chart for the RBCM, PCM and DSC. So far things test ok. I have deleted the codes. If I use the brake pedal for 3 seconds it comes up with SCBS (smart city brake support) on the instrument cluster.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
The data shows there is a brake switch control unit. I can’t find it where it’s supposed to be (rear wheel arch)
This is a 2.2 SH diesel by the way.
Wiring tests to pcm & dsc are good.
I will start this job again in the new year, will recheck pcm and dsc codes and follow diagnostic procedures. I’m thinking there could be a component failure but very doubtful.
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases getting the location to some components on your model can be difficult to do.You may have to contact a dealers parts department to see if you can get these locations and them usually won't charge for this info.I suspect a possible wiring fault leading to one of these control units or poor connections or bent or damaged terminals needing to be replaced to correct this fault here.

If you are unable to get the location you need to finish checking the wiring let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Hi Pete, iv been away sorry
Will continue this job on Monday NZ time. Iv had time away from it so will look at all pin outs fresh

Sounds good.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician