Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Need pin code for ram. Vehicle vin 1D7HU18D84S582630.

Customer Question
Replacement PCM installed has vin...
Need pin code for ram. Vehicle vin 1D7HU18D84S582630. Replacement PCM installed has vin 1D7HU18D74J178045
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/22/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

I am so sorry your radio is not working, due to security reasons, for your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your vehicle. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can get the code from your local dealership by showing proof of ownership.

It is not the radio. The PCM was damaged in an accident and have fitted a replacement. The skim rolling code needs resetting. The local dealer is USA as we don't have dodge ram dealers. When vehicle was converted to RH drive they placed ecu between brake booster and radiator support panel. This was hit and crushed original PCM. I can show photos to prove ownership and the damaged PCM. Also have receipt for second hand one. Surely vin identification will show its not an issue of ownership.

that supposed to say pin code sorry, we cant give out any reprogramming codes here, you will have to work out something with a dealer here and have them send you the code

I have tried that. Same answer you gave me.

you might could try mailing them your computer and having them program it