Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 toyota Hiace commuter bus, 3l diesel, RHD

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 toyota Hiace commuter bus, 3l diesel, RHD model and it won't start, wipers don't work, radio doesn't work, power windows don't work and power mirrors don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes, all fuses and fusable links are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Toyota?

Hiace commuter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuses, checked if power is ok, checked if battery is ok, checked relays

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The indicators work fine, front interior dome light works fine, horn works fine, all front lights work fine, stop light works fine. Dash instrumentation works fine (all lights behave normally) except for the fact that the gear display does not show the gear (D, 1,2,3, R) and it is not possible to move the gear lever without pushing the override switch. There may have been a short in the J/B (I can specify which connectors).

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
More info on the short: an auto electric was checking for switched power in the Instrument Panel J/B with a multimeter, however the problem is that he was checking with the leads in the multimeter in the 20A slot (effectively grounding any wire he touched). He did this on the following plugs: 13L, 13G, 13F. Don't know if this has anything to do with the issues that we are seeing.
12/22/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I am going to need the vin number in order to pull all the wiring schematics to see where the problem may be and walk you thru any needed testing

it is a 2014 Hiace, engine 2TR-FE, Vin: JTFST22PX00020852
I also have access to techsteam v12

I am very sorry but I will need to opt out as I do not have any schematics for this . If another expert can help, they will post here to you

AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello there,

If your sparky had his multimeter on 20A, it should have blown his meter internal fuse. It could have also blown an ignition feed fuse. He needs to look over his work since another fuse is blown or the ignition switch could be faulty.

Gary