Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

No throttle. 2006 c4 Citroën diesel manual. Engine is 06…

Customer Question
No throttle Mechanic's Assistant:...

No throttle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 c4 Citroën diesel manual

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Engine is 06 model last service was 18000klm ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried BSI reset once

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fixing it myself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I’m Kevin ca you describe exactly what’s happening ?
I stuffed up and drilled through the brake booster whilst installing a light bar....
Citroën c4 has booster on LH side even here in Australia.....replaced booster and had no throttle or brakes....just had brakes fixed but still no throttle....esp light keeps coming on
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the engine starts and runs normally yet there is no response when pressing the throttle then you almost surely have an issue with the accelerator pedal position sensor signal. If that's the case then the problem may be with the sensor itself, a wiring problem, possibly an internal failure in the engine controller.

The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have st and then electrical testing can be done from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Completely unsatisfied due to the fact another 29$ was taken out of my account without my authority
Did you not see my comment about the ESP light.....

Yes, I saw the ESP light is coming on.

If you have a billing issue you'll need to contact customer service.