Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have an new i30, about 4000km. I want to play a cd but…

Customer Question
Good afternoon George. I...

Good afternoon George. I have an new i30, about 4000km. I want to play a cd but there is no cd player. The service manager at the dealership in Indooroopilly has no idea how to be able to play what I want to hear on the radio except to say that I can hook up my smart phone to the radio and listen to music that way. That's sounds lovely, but I'm not interested in listening to music! I wish to listen to the mp3 talking boo that I collected from the library. I loaded the CD into my computer and then copied everything fro the disk onto a usb stick. I put the usb stick into the port in the console of the car and . . . nothing. What do I have to do to make it work please ? ? ? ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Infiniti I30. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I don't think so . . . is there something else I should also be asking.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately, the USB stick won't allow music to be played from it.You can check into having some type of after market cd player or system installed to allow the CDs to play or USB devices but your system won't allow it as it is now.You can also try and put the music on the MP3 device and use it that way.If none of these is an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Good morning Pete,
It's 1.30am here in Brisbane, Australia.
I'd almost given up on receiving a reply from your organisation.
Anyway, your advice so far is;
1 - The hundreds of cd's, that I have, can not be played, at all, with the system that is installed in the 2017 i30 Hyundai;
2 - In order to play anything from any cd, I must first download the data from the cd, onto some device or other, and then somehow connect this other device to the sound system installed by Hyundai;
3 - The usb options, shown on the menu of the factory supplied device, are not really usb options for a usb stick at all;
4 - The usb port that is available in the vehicle is, pretty much, just a place to charge the battery of a phone (or some-such device) and is not a port for the transfer of data;
5 - The 2017 i30 Hyundai, that I have just bought, is useless in relation to the "Talking Book" cd's that I choose to borrow from my local library, and listen to as I drive.
6 - I need to buy some device or another that is an MP3 player, transfer the data from the cd to that device, somehow connect that device to the sound system in the vehicle, (but it can't be via the usb port already in the vehicle), somehow get the sound system in the vehicle to 'recognise' the device, play the data . . .Do these 6 points summarise your advice so far?Makes me wonder why the sound system 'menu' has the 'usb' options listed, if those options are useless for anything other than as a battery charger.I guess the only option I now have is to pose as a 2017 i30 Hyundai buyer, go into a dealership with a "Talking Book" cd, advise the salesman that I require to buy an i30, but that I shan't do so unless I can listen to the material from the cd . . . and then let the salesman see if he can work it out. Not very satisfactory in 2017 is it?MurrayI'd had expected that in 2017, the technology would be available that enables

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last couple of days.

Does yout USB support Ipod or Mp3 player connections to play from one of those devices?

Pete, Technician