Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My air conditioner in my 2012 Peugeot RCZ will not work. A…

Customer Question
My air conditioner in...

My air conditioner in my 2012 Peugeot RCZ will not work. A fault finder was put on it today at a local Peugeot service centre which revealed that it needed a Fan assembly electric control unit and a Turbocharger electric coolant pump. I am told that each will cost about $500AUD for supply and install. Is this unreasonable ? Is there a place where I could source the parts cheaper?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

80000. I do about 15,000 a year.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Peugeot?

It is a 1.6 Turbo charge RCZ 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I am happy for someone to fix it. They said it would be about a 4 hour job. Again is this unreasonable?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car on 2 occasions has overheated in extremely heavy traffic in Sydney (almost standstill) for 1/2 hour or more. Are the two problems related?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

For a repair like this here this doesn't sound to be a bad cost to have done.You can try and source the parts from a local after market parts store in some cases or a salvage yard as sometimes they will have or can get the parts needed and may save you some money for this here.The over hear and ac fault can be related due to these components at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks for your time. It is hard to source the parts so I will just get it fixed and put up with the cost. You did not answer my question regarding the time it takes to install these parts which obviously affects the cost but do not worry I will just leave it there.

I apologize for not replying to the time frame to replace these parts.The time frame does sound to be reasonable as well for replacements of these here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician