Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I think the immobileiser is buggerd. 2009 GMC Seira. No I…

Customer Question
I think the immobileiser...

I think the immobileiser is buggerd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2009 GMC Seira

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a sparky on the job, he told me to change it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have put a 2500 cab on a 1500 chassy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
The sparky thinks the immoblizer want match the trucks computers
12/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

Is the security light flashing on dash or steady on ?

do you have gm tech II scanner or equivalent to read anti theft module ?

do all locks works on it , is central locking ?

do you have metal key only ,base truck or a key fob ?

have you tried resetting it ?

did battery died on it prior to this issue

lets start here and we go from there