Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Falcon BF mk2 boot strut mount lower pushed forward forcing…

Customer Question
Falcon BF mk2...

Falcon BF mk2 boot strut mount lower pushed forward forcing strut to come off when boot closed. does this mount unscrew or does it have to be welded to strengthen.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Falcon?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried bending it back but it just pushed forward again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should i go to a dealer or panel shop.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will want to go to a panel shop to check for structure damage where it mounts to be repaired as well as welded in place if it needs to be.I suspect there is some sort of damage or flex in that area that has caused this issue here or the mount is worn needing replaced.The best place would be a panel shop to get this checked and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Technician