Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I was hoping you could plesae help me. 2003 ford focus 2.0 L…

Customer Question
Hello.I was hoping you...

Hello.I was hoping you could plesae help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 ford focus 2.0 L zetec motor with battery light coming on intermittently?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

I tested battery last week and found charging below 12.60v so I have replaced the alternator and battery is about 2 years old.I have driven about 100 km and thought the fault was fixed but came on today.I stopped car let cool down and has not come back on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to repair myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wondering if focus has wiring issues going to alternator?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/18/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech. replied 7 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

Yes the pig tail to the alternator is bad about getting hot and the connectors loose connection with the alternator. Unplug the wires fro the alternator and look into the plug and see if the metal connectors are black. If they are replace the connector pig tail.