Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 07 lancer that starts in gear but won't move. My…

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a 07 lancer that starts in gear but won't move. My dad says the gears change but not sure what could be wrong thought might be clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

We bought the car from someone who said he was driving when the clutch went. I'm not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

For my son. I'm not sure what to try. The guy said it's the clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I wouldn't even know maybe I will wait till my dad comes and he can explain better?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/18/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi what was your question about this specifically?

Hi the car is not moving it starts the gears shift so was wondering what the problem could be? I would like to get it fixed but don't want to take to mechanic if it's something my dad can change
It is almost certain that you need the clutch replaced. This isn’t something the typical do it yourselfer can handle. I would strongly advise leaving it to a professional. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.