Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan Xtrail 2016 i change the oil n filter

Customer Question
Hi im Tasi i...

Hi im Tasi i have a Nissan Xtrail 2016 i change the oil n filter yesterday then i drove to the shop and abt 50 meters it slow down until it doest go pls help,,then today i thought may the oil cause i put 5liters in so i drain some out then after that theres no gear at all so im stuck at pls help.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Its a 2016 model,and no i did not check the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Nissan?

Xtrail

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes It was a service due 50k so i just change oil n filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I went n bought a Code Scanner to check and the was 7E8

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if the vehicle doesn't move with the transmission in gear. If that's the case it could be a driveline issue or low transmission fluid, or it could be a an internal transmission problem.

With the shifter in park and engine off try pushing the vehicle. If you feel a mechanical lock then you don't have a driveline issue; if you're able to push it then you may have a broken axle or other driveline failure.

If you're unable to push it then you either have an internal transmission failure or it may be very low on fluid.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.