Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you tell me if the frt park sensors on a ford territory…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me if the frt park sensors on a ford territory sz activate automatically when vehicle is travelling forward at less than 10k?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I had the rear bar replaced and the panel shop had some issues in getting the rears to work. I,m sure that previously my front sensors came on automatically and I did not have to press the park assist button to turn them on. I did have to press it to turn them off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

It is a Nov 2015 SZ rwd diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The p/shop used an auto elect to do this. Before I go back and have a go at this shop I would just like to know if I am right in saying that I DO NOT have to press the park assist, and that the sensors should active automatically when going forward below a certain speed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/16/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Yes, the sensors are automatic when driving slowly under 10kph. Here is a link to a video showing this that Ford put out. It is for a New Zealand Ford, but the Fords sold in Australia have the same system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPN0ZmnzTVY

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

After receiving your reply I abused the panel shop concerned about the issue, they told me your information was incorrect. I took this to my local Ford dealer who told me the same thing "the sensors DO NOT activate automatically when travelling at under 10kph". I have now had to apologised to the panel shop. I therefore believe that seeing as how your information was apparently incorrect I am entitled to a FULL refund of my $40.00.
I eagerly await your reply.

I will notify customer service

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager