Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

My wife and i are looking at getting a 2017 Forester. Have…

Customer Question
My name is***** wife...

My name is***** wife and i are looking at getting a 2017 Forester. Have been told that the parking sensors are not compatible with eyesight (in 2.5is) is this true I wanted to add the sensors as an optional extra

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

No, we are looking at a new car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

And asked about getting parking sensors installed - in particular rear ones.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think that is all. Thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

The eyesight package never used to come with parking sensors as well but I've known then to be installed on cars with eyesight as an aftermarket option, so its possible to do - but this may not be a combination Subaru offer

I'd suggest to get in touch with a parking sensor / aftermarket installation firm to solve this one

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer