Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a whining coming from the gear box I think. It gets…

Customer Question
There is a whining...

There is a whining coming from the gear box I think. It gets louder with acceleration (foot on the pedal), but if it's going downhill without the foot on the pedal it doesn't get louder. Is this the Nissan transmission/compueter problems that I've read about?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Haven't checked the fuel filters but why would that cause the whining problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

A mechanic is looking at it but not an authorised dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I list the things that the mechanic has listed so that he can decide whether any of them explain the whining noise?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

can you tell me the model of your Nissan please? and if its an auto or manual transmission and what engine size and fuel type it is

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt