Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

When I drive over speed humps and turn corners to the right…

Customer Question
When I drive over...

When I drive over speed humps and turn corners to the right its making unhealthy creaks quite loudly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

They are not normally there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just asking I know how my cv joints felt like on my car but not so sure on the vitara

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Vitara?

And oldie 2004 I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It felt like it was rubbing with a vibration before it started on high way and stopped when I excelerated

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

In the front

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Robert, Car Technician replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, Car Technician

Hi..there..

Normally if cv joint is going you'd get quite a louder clicking/claking noise as you full lock.or even jam up that wheel depending how bad the wear is...from what your saying regarding the creaking noise..id suspect likely you either a siezed balljoint or one of the bushings on the lower control arm is dried out and seized which can be quite common and thus can cause creaking noise over bumps or uneven road surfaces..maybe try spraying the bushings with wd-40 and then test drive to see if any change is heard..then you'll know for sure..these use seperate spring and shock set up..so maybe to inpect the spring seats and the top mount on the shock for any noise..