Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have dash lights flickering while moving the steering

Customer Question
I have dash lights...

I have dash lights flickering while moving the steering wheel side to side, thought it was indicator stork or dimmer but I have changed both without sucess

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

All the dash lights up and works however happens randomly while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2006 mazda3 sp23

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic thought it was in the indicator arm or possibly in the dimmer switch but he changed both and it still happens, even stationary if you start the car and rock the wheel from side to side the dash lights go on/off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I know of the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/13/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So we need to take it a step further and monitor the power and ground inputs on the cluster, one of these will indicate the power loss and we will be able to trace it to the issue, My guess is a ground but only tests will tell for sure. will your mechanic be performing the tests or you?