Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My toyota 3 litre turbo diesel hilux a/c stops working out…

My toyota 3 litre...

My toyota 3 litre turbo diesel hilux a/c stops working out on the highway but around town, it keeps working. I have had it to a/c professionals but it is always working when i take it their as they are in town.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

My engine has done adout 520000 and was serviced about 2 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

My hilux is 2008 model.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havnt said their is anything wrong with the turbo, it is the a/c that is playing up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry i thought i was talking to a mechanic,no i think that is all at the moment.

12/13/2017
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like it may be acting up with higher engine speeds.If the freon level or pressure has not been checked this needs done.If there is too much freon in the system at higher engine rpm's this will cause this issue here.Usually, this occurs if the system was refilled and was overcharged.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Thanks Pete for your input. I took a mates advise and took the hilux to his a/c guy and he has put the problem down to a fouled up condensor and a new tx valve(?).
Thank you again for your time.

Your welcome.Glad to hear it has been resolved.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician