Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My ABS and TRC dash lights are on, all the time. Yesterday I…

Customer Question
My ABS and TRC...

My ABS and TRC dash lights are on, all the time. Yesterday I had it diagnosed by a Mazda dealer mechanic who said that Hydraulic brake motor needs to be replaced, which includes part number 4370A. He said that whilst a 2nd hand part may be installed, it cannot be guaranteed. Can I buy the part and have my mechanic fit it as I live in a small country town, away from dealerships and, possible high prices.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No I haven't, however, wouldn't that be the first port of call for a mechanic?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

It is a 2009 Mazda Neo sedan and the lights have been on for about 12 months now. My mechanic said that if I was a careful driver, it was no different to driving a vehicle from the 70's when ABS was not present.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I will go to a mechanic recommended in the next town, slightly bigger place.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, not really. I would prefer my mechanic to do it, if I can purchase the new part.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/13/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

If the diagnoses are accurate, your mechanic can do the repair as long as he has the scan tool to reprogram the ABS unit.

As for the mechanic stating what he stated about the 70's, it is still unsafe to drive with no traction control of the wheels should something dangerous occurs. They have updated since the 70's to provide more safety. It is important to have it corrected for the safety of your life.

Your mechanic can do it as long as he has the scan tool that can provide the programming to understand your vehicles tire size etc. Let me know if this helps :).