Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford mondeo xr5 which will not start. The car…

Customer Question
Hi, i have a 2008...
Hi, i have a 2008 ford mondeo xr5 which will not start. The car had push start and when pressed nothing happens, not even turning on accessories/ignition. The screen with the ford blue logo is on and does not change.
The keyless entry locks and unlocks with no issue. The immobiliser light doesn't flash when unlocked so i dont think its that. The steering lock is engaged also and nothing happens when the clutch is pressed.
I recently had to replace the engine, but when picking it up from the mechanic it started with no problem, and it started around 5 times after with no issue. Then after giving the interior a clean, it would not start after that.
The engine bay looks like it may have cleaned, could have water got into the PCM even though it started fine after?
What can be wrong?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
In addition, I have also tried disconnecting the battery overnight and reconnecting.When checking for faults via the OBDII, a fault code of U0300 was present (internal control mondule software incompatibility) which was cleared, and still nothing.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/12/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this issue.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle.ONce this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

With the software issue here it may need to be reprogrammed by a dealer to correct this issue.I would also have all founds checked on the engine to make sure no ground was left off or loose at all causing this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete