Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Attempted theft has night and they tried to hotwire. Now…

Customer Question
Hi, attempted theft has...

Hi, attempted theft has night and they tried to hotwire. Now won't start guessing its the immobiliser...Isthere a way to reset?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No issue there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Triton 2007 I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's the only question I have, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/11/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The damage needs to be inspected to locate any damaged components and any damage to components or wiring needs to be repaired.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. or was repaired then I suspect you need to have the fault codes reset with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model and a dealer may have to also perform a theft relearn to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete