Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

MY ELANTRA 2002 HYUNDAI AT VARIOUS TIMES LOOSES COMPRESSION…

Customer Question
MY ELANTRA 2002 HYUNDAI...

MY ELANTRA 2002 HYUNDAI AT VARIOUS TIMES LOOSES COMPRESSION AND STALLS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

IT SEEMS AS IF WATER IS IN THE FUEL TANK. THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENED IT ALSO OVERHEATED AND MY RADIATOR BLEW UP.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

IVE HAD DIFFERANT MECHANICS DO DIFFERENT THINGS BUT AT TIMES IT STILL HAPPENS. AFTER ABOUT 15 MINUTES OF PUTTERING IT REGAINS COMPRESSION AND I CAN DRIVE OFF AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

WHAT TO DO???????????????????

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/9/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok when it does drive good how long will it drive before it acts up ?

it does not happen often. SOMETIMES A FEW WEEKS AND SOMETIMES A FEW DAYS. THERE IS NO PATTERN. IT COULD HAPPEN ON THE HIGHWAY OR ON LOCAL STREETS. COMPLETELY UNEXPLAINABLE.

DO you have a check engine flashing when it starts to fail?

NO CHECK ENGINE
NO PRIOR NOTIFICATION OF ANY KIND.

Has anyone tested, pulled, inspected or replaced the VVT solenoid ?

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS OR IF IT WAS REPLACED.

I would be in your old paper work if it was, do you have that handy?

NO I DONT. WHAT DOES IT DO?

controls the timing in the cams, common failure in these vehicles

hows it coming?