Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

None of the buttons work for the fan and the clock is stuck…

Customer Question
Hi! None of the...

Hi! None of the buttons work for the fan and the clock is stuck on 1888

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Carig 1994 I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought from a friend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They said that the battery went very flat for a while and when they put the new one in could get the buttons for fan and the clock was like that

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery seems fine but haven’t checked it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Have checked all fuses which are fine
Answered in 2 days by:
12/11/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

What is the model of your Toyota? Will have to check our wiring diagrams and gat back latter today if that is ok?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Toyota sprinter carig z touring 1994

Have you checked any of the fuses ? Especially the heater and instrument ones. Also check for power to the fan switches. Do you get high speed at the fan?

I have checked all fuses which are all ok.
The fan works and the heater as they are manual turning.
None of the lights are on the climate control and don’t work. The clock is stuck on 1888

Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram for this so I will pass you on and hope another can help you better.