Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the fuel filter light coming on at between 200 and…

Customer Question
I have the fuel...

I have the fuel filter light coming on at between 200 and 600 kms after being re set, this occurs even when the filter has been changed. Their is no evidence of dirt or fuel in any of the 4 filters that have been changed in the past 15,000kms.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External, 2014 MY, 200 series,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Toyota?

VX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic, he is very experienced with Land cruisers. we have changed 4 filters and added an after market pre filter system. i have been using a diesel cleaner to remove water if there is any, i have done 4 tanks so far. changed the filer last wee. it was good, nothing out of the ordinary

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 3 days by:
12/11/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Low fuel rail pressure can cause this warning light to come on.If there is an issue with a fuel pump or injection pump or fuel injectors leaking or allowing to much fuel into a cylinder or a fault with a fuel rail pressure sensor all of these can cause this fault here.These need to be checked into further to locate which is the cause for sure and then from there it can be repaired to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

i have only just check to see if there was a response, i have been out of the office for a few days.
i will ask my mechanic to check out your solution and let you know how we go

Sounds good.If you do need anything else let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete