Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a vs v6 commodore ute and when i drive for about 15…

Customer Question
I have a vs...

I have a vs v6 commodore ute and when i drive for about 15 minutes the fuel pump starts to get loud and the car shuts down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Brand new fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Commodore?

1995

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commodore yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned out the tank and installed a brand new pump and filter myself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Sounds like a fuel tank venting issue.

How much fuel in the tank while this is occuring?

Does it start up straight away after shutdown?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary